A Short Guide to Writing Good Copy

You can buy here phone number list
Jannat12

A Short Guide to Writing Good Copy

Post by Jannat12 »

The term “style” is thrown around a lot by writers, but it’s a misnomer for copywriters because “style” doesn’t work in the extremely short attention economy of the internet. Good copy isn’t necessarily “stylish.” But copy that establishes trust, authority, builds relationships, and gets people talking, sharing, and buying is in high demand. A lack of style is what makes it work, so writers who master this “style” are sought after and revered. Legendary ad man David Ogilvy was one of those writers, and he said, “A good advertisement is one which sells the product without drawing attention to itself.”

It sounds counterintuitive, but it holds Phone Number List up under pressure, and I’ll explain why great content marketing is built on that exact premise. Clear communication is the key to effective copy Your best copy needs to be “display window clear,” and you need to be out there every morning with your Windex, to make sure it doesn’t distract from the product or service you provide for your clients and customers. Every writer eventually reaches for a style guide to help them craft clear copy, and there are countless helpful rulebooks and list posts that offer writers advice about proper usage and consistent language.

Copyblogger actually has its own internal style guide, and members of the editorial crew often squabble about usage over (virtual) martinis. I am also a big fan of the classic English guidebook, The Elements of Style by Strunk & White. The aged copy I keep handy is dog-eared and yellowing. In it, William Strunk advises writers, A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts.